Monday, March 3, 2008

Enter at your own risk


It’s amazing how fast one little house can become a breading ground of sickness. We have all been swapping the flu in our house for almost two weeks.
It all started with our little Bowen, one minute he’s smiling and playing and then the next he’s crying and the only thing that will stop that is cuddling mom, then all of a sudden I’m covered in pizza, cheerio’s and apple juice.
Poor Bowen, throw up and dry-heaved all night long, all I could do was hold him and cuddle him as his tiny body convulsed trying to some how throw up an empty stomach.
Next came my turn, two days of not being able to keep anything down, and trying to find a minute to lie down, as I chased after a 3 year old and try to take care of a sick baby. The worst thing in the world is being a sick mom!!! Your job never ends if you’re sick, never anyone there to tuck you inn and tell you to get a little nap to try to sleep it off.
One the second night of my flu attack I wake up to poor Ethan crying at 3am, of course I rush in his room to find he has just caught our little bug and that I have to put Ethan’s sheets and comforter in the wash. Poor Ethan throw up all night as well. I got pretty good at waking up just in time to get “the big bowel” under Ethan before my laundry pile got to big.
Dad’s turn next….I don’t mean to be mean, but I find it amazing, and a bit annoying that men turn into the biggest babies when they are sick, well my strong man is no different. Luckily, I was there all weekend taking care of Jeromy so he was well enough to make it to work today.
Then poor Bowen got the flu again last night, another night of throwing up and I know I’m next. Ahhhhh, when will this ever stop, I just got all the laundry caught up. O-well, what are moms for right?

2 comments:

Alisha said...

Ahhh...I feel your pain. It will end soon. I sure wish you guys the best and hope you get well fast.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.