Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Thinking Out Loud

I’m so grateful for small bursts of energy. Today I got one and did all of my laundry, cleaned my house (mostly…toilets can wait), sold a puppy, and put the boys down for a nap. Now I’m able to relax and do what ever I want, granted I’m still in my PJ’s but that makes relaxing all the more easy to accomplish…right.
Today Jeromy also left for Bend to finish his 2nd surgery rotation for 5 weeks. He has two more rotations left (the 2nd Surgery & a Cardiothoracic Surgery Rotation) and then we will be done with this bizarre living separate but together schedule. My hat goes off to all you STRONG military wives and mothers, Jeromy and I have been dealing with these ridiculous rotations for a little over a year now and I’m mentally and emotional drained, I could not imagine the possibility of my love one also being in harms way. You women are AMAZING. With the fee time also comes a lot of thinking and trying to figure everything out, before I even know what everything is. I always have family and loves ones tell me to only bite off what I can chew but, with 29 years of practice I still can not figure how to do it. So, I sit here and think, and think and think….. I know life usually does not present it’s self all perfect and wrapped up with a bow on top, but I would sure be grateful right now if it did…… So, today I’ll just say thank you for the small bursts of energy and try to turn off my insistent compulsion to try to make everything work and try harder again to only bite off what I can chew. Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

itsahalesofalife said...

I know things are hard, but soon things will improve so much for you and your family. Hang in there and let me know when you learn how to master the "bite off as much as you can handle", cause I could use the lesson. I LOVE YOU!!

Mcewen Family said...

I agree that I have yet to learn about the bite off as much as you can handle. I think i need to learn how to say No! first. I cant wait to see you guys sometime in August. Hopefully. Take care I know how you feel.