Saturday, April 26, 2008

Bowen's Crazy Hair

Check out my glorious redness!!!

No photos please!!!....our little celebrity



So, I have the cutest red head out there, but dad was very shocked when he first saw Bowen. In fact, after the 35min. of all natural delivery, they had to rush me off to surgery to stop my hemorrhaging (again with the hemorrhaging, I think I’m broken) so I really did not get to see Bowen until about 3 hours after surgery. When I came out of surgery dad handed me our new bundle of joy and he said “another red head.” Ethan was born with peach fuzz that looked red, but Bowen was full blown red. Poor dad just wants one that looks like him, with the dark hair, maybe one day dad.
I kid you not I can not go anywhere with out people coming up to Bowen & I to tell me how cute he is and, to make comments about his “beautiful” red hair. I live in Portland…AKA crazy town so I have also got some funny comments like. “he looks like an elf, if elf’s were real” and “he looks just like Frodo Baggins from Lord of the Rings.” And “he’s a little leaf Erickson, a little Viking.” At these times it’s a bit hard for me to keep my momma bear from emerging, but then I considered the source…Portland crazies..... I then take a few breaths and I’m fine. WE LOVE our red head, he is so funny and soooo cute all you ladies that are 1 need to watch out, heart breaker on the loose.

10 comments:

Brittany said...

He is sooo cute!! I love that hair! I hope that I can get through it again. I just get myself all freaked out and nervous about being alone for so long. He might be gone for 4-6 months and i am scared but I know I can do it. It's just hard! As you know. I hope that we can see you soon!!

itsahalesofalife said...

I love the pictures. Bowen's the man...red hair and all. I am so excited to see you again. When I was saying bye to Ethan he was getting choked up. I had to reassure him that I would see him soon. I told him that he,mommy, and Bowen would be driving out to see Auntie soon. That made things better. Hurry home sis. Love ya

Tres Chic Boutique said...

SO Cute! Love the hair, now if it could stay curly dry, too. So I love your dog and her puppies. I would love another dog, if I were crazy :) (I am posting with a diff acct)
Heather G

Mcewen Family said...

Way cute I love his red hair and you know how I am about red heads!!! I cant wait until you come down hopefully we can get together. Talk to you soon.

itsahalesofalife said...

I am so excited for you to be moving back home !!! YEAH!!!! a month-ish is all we have left.

lulu said...

Thanks for leaving a message. I never would have found you guys. Your boys are darling. Where does the red hair come from?
Honestly, we were absolutely shocked when our #2 was born a boy. We were surprised and everyone we knew was having boys. So naturally I thought that we would have a girl. In fact, he is the first boy born into my family in 2 generations. Now that we have one of each we will definitely be surprised for the rest. Bryan often jokes that since we have one of each, we can be done. I think we need at least one more, but not anytime soon.

Cutler Family said...

Props to my fellow red head! He is just darling!
xoxo,
fish

Renae said...

He is cute!! As is Ethan, and of course, your puppies!! A lot has changed in five years! It's so good to get reconnected! P.S. Natural delivery . . . you are quite the woman! :)

Jennikunz said...

changed my blog address... please re-link me 3rowdyboys1girl.blogspot.com

mickiandryan said...

Shan your boys are so cute,they are getting so big!! How's the family? Are you guys going to St. George? Let me know whats up.