Friday, April 18, 2008

Children of Promise


I had to post a blog to tell everyone about these awesome books I have been reading. The Children of Promise series books are amazing; I have really enjoyed reading them and am very excited to finish up the rest of the series. I’m sure most of you have seen theses books or have heard about them and maybe even read them, but to you that have not….you must go now and get these books and start reading them. They are about a Mormon family living during WWII, and trying to adjust to all of what war brought to our country. It’s a modern day story of pioneers that really has touched me and made me think about a lot of things. To tell you all the truth, every time someone would start talking about Pioneers all I would hear most of the time was blah, blah, blah. I know I’m horrible, but heck I have heard enough stories and it really was boring to me. But, these books are not that way to me AT ALL, I had NEVER thought about the trails that our great grandparents went through; they also were Pioneers that deserve to have their stories told.

4 comments:

itsahalesofalife said...

I want pictures of the new puppies!

Heather said...

I totally agree-- we listened these books on tape and Jody and I both loved them. We have one book left, I think? Your kids are so cute :)

kendra said...

I'm always looking for new books to read. I'll have to try these out.

Brittany said...

I want to read these too! You should read the Kingdom and the Crown Series too. I loved them and it made Christ's time more real to me!