Monday, April 21, 2008

Brazil, Brazil!!!


Jeromy and I started talking about Brazil again last night and we both got the Brazil bug bad. We almost booked tickets to surprise Paulo for his 40th birthday, despite the fact that we can’t afford them, or know what, or where we will be in the next year. I loved Brazil sooo much, the people are amazing and so welcoming. We have VERY good family friends that live in Sao Carlos Brazil, Paulo & Marcia Machado and their two boys. Jeromy has been out to see them twice, me once, and they visited here once. They really are a part of our family, and we miss them so much. I kid you not; Jeromy and I have plans to send Ethan out there to stay with our friends for a summer when he’s 15 or so, and probably Bowen too. All we have to do is work on their portuguese, and they will be set. We also have a 30 year plan to build a home for us and our friends out in Brazil so we can stay when ever we want. It’s crazy that $30 grand would build a BIG house and have room for our family and Paulos' while we stay. I just have to work on my portuguese, but I plan to be fluent one day. I want to be able to tell Paulo and Marcia how much I love and care about them and their boys on my own, without help. I want to be able to go down town and buy as many shoes and clothes as I want on my own, with out EVERYONE knowing I’m an American. Brazil will always be a part of my families life and I am grateful for that.

3 comments:

Jennikunz said...

When is Jeromy turning 40?

itsahalesofalife said...

Cahd and I are thinking about leavingthe country and never come back. Brazil is top of our list...want to come?

Brittany said...

Wow! What a cool plan! I love traveling too. We can come visit you right?!